Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Unplanned

I am not much of a planner.


I get great ideas that I want to fulfil, but as for actually planning... I'm more of a spur of the moment kinda gal.


I have ran my life this way thus far.


I am terrible at RSVP - ing. Really really terrible. I get all anxious about it, knowing that to RSVP I am locking myself into a plan. It makes me break out into a sweat and gives me little heart palpitations.


Everything that I have done in my life has been done on a whim. A plan based on a random idea that I came up with the day before. Even now, as an adult, I struggle working, knowing that I HAVE to do it, I HAVE to turn up. I cant just do as I please.


I like to do as I please.


The Farmer however, is a planner. He needs a plan. He needs notice. He needs to know what's happening day in and day out.  So you could imagine the look on his face when I approach him last night about heading to the coast tomorrow. {Note: the coast for us, is a Loooooong way away}.


He was all "what have you planned?"

And I was all "I haven't planned a thing!" Which really wasn't a lie! All I did was speak to some friends and drop the idea that we might head up there.



After spending the evening telling me how unorganised I am, and how I need to start giving a little notice, and how ridiculous I am, I was rather shocked to be woken up this morning and be told that we could leave tomorrow! WIN!



So now I am washing, and ironing, and packing and trying to look organised and like I'm not flustered with the whole reality of packing up three kids, one husband and one shoe obsessed self.



Are you a planner, or do you live on a random idea like me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts regarding my crazy thoughts.