Monday, November 14, 2011

Nuffnang Blog Awards, Here I come!

Dear Nuffnang.

I just checked my calender and it appears that I'm totally free on the 16th of December, which, funnily enough, is the same day that 500 totally awesome bloggers from the Asia Pacific are are heading to the Putrajay Marriott in Kuala Lumpur! (for all of you stalking, that didn't pass geography, that's in Malaysia), for the Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards 2011!

I heard on the grapevine that they are all joining bloggy forces to honour the best in the blogosphere, and as I will not be being honoured, I would make a damn good honourer! Although, I do fully intend to pretend that I am there on super star / royalty status, you know, killer heels, dark sunglasses, schmoozing. All that Jazz. I do however promise not to trash the room!


Now, you have asked me to list my reasons for wanting to go to this awesome event, that is being sponsored by Volkswagen Malaysia and Putrajaya Marriott.
You actually asked for 3 reasons, and I'm not so sure I can narrow it down to just three.
Buy here they are, ranging from most extreme to least. Buckle up (like your in a herbie).

  • I was totally born for overseas travel and red carpet events. Not that I ever get to attend any red carpet events and have only ever travelled overseas once, for my honey moon, with kids in tow, but that's beside the point. I was born for it. And a girls gotta start somewhere!


  • The chance to be in a room with so much awesome talent (hello 500 bloggers!) fills me with excitement. The chance to meet people who's words often touch my heart, make me belly laugh and sometimes cry, is uber amazing, and I intend to get as close to each one as possible, in the hope that some of the awesomeness rubs off  -onto me of course.



  • Until recently, I have been a closet blogger. Not even The Farmer knew that I blogged, until I was offered a sponsored post from Nuffnang. I figured that I had better let him know before he started wondering the money came from. He still however has no idea what a blog is, (but likes when he gets a mention) and can't understand my love of twitter, or why we need to attend things like this when we can just tweet it. Men!  A trip to Malaysia will  show him. And totally shut his questioning mouth!


  • Did I mention that I am free on the 16th of December? And ooze rock star / Oscars appeal? mmmhhhmm.

  •  I could cross a few things off my 30 before 30 list, and it would also allow me to cross one of the things that was on my mum's bucket list that she didn't get to fulfil, that I am slowly trying to work my way through.


  • And the biggy - Nuffnang, I lived at Bogan Gate for 3 years (go on, google it, I am for real), and still live in the sticks where the dresses in my wardrobe would be met with funny stares if I was to ever wear them here. Please. Have mercy on me. GET ME OUT OF HERE!


Here is a little taste of Laura on location.


Here I am, sipping cocktails at the bar



And doing an excited little bed bounce. Either that or I have just woken, hence the hair.


And that is me, after I just jumped in the pool, probably after the above cocktails, or I have decided to do a really great impression of a whale.




See you there.

Love Love

Laura xx


Original image source - without the addition of my dodgy stick self.

6 comments:

  1. You lived at Bogan Gate? I lived at Trundle. Twice. Haha! Small world. And yes, dressed totally not acceptable day wear out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG are you serious???!!!! The Farmer has a few clients out there! Small small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My what an artist,love your work,are your stick person art for sale,or will I realy have to do a swap?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I did forget,I just love the blog(with your art) can always do with something to make me smile,your a great writer,keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts regarding my crazy thoughts.