Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday

According to Kate Says Stuff today is Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for Rubbish Collection.

To many, that may be a bit random. But since moving back to town I have a new appreciation for the smaller things in life. The things that I had previously taken for granted.

Having a person rock up to my house and take my rubbish away is certainly one of my highlights of town. Not to mention having a big bin to store it in all week.

When you live in the middle of nowhere, you have to sort your rubbish between 'burnables' and 'non burnables'.
The Burnables get carted down the back to a big drum, and, well, burned. Obviously.
The non burnables have to sit around in another drum and wait for a day they either annoy the farmer enough to finally move, or I harp on enough for him to seek some form of silence and he moves them.

I am now an awesome recycler, because they provide me with the bin, and have this strong urge each week to take a plate of scones out to the garbage man and thank him for coming by!

Also on my list of thankfulness since moving from the farm is

* Fly screens on all the windows

* Water every time I turn on a tap

* A frog free kitchen/lounge room/bedroom

* A mouse free home

Some call it easy pleased, I call it appreciating the little things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts regarding my crazy thoughts.