Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Party Prep.

It's Nearly Schnorbies birthday. My BIRTHday. Wow, those eight years have flown by.
I must admit, I am a bit of a sook when it comes to my children growing another year older.
She is only turning 8, yet my brain is screaming SHE IS GOING TO BE 12 SOON! 

Surely not.

Not my little shaddow.

My precious little girl who helped me to keep the bed warm each night for 3 years. Who I insisted slept in my arms all those nights, in fear that something would happen to her if she was in her own bed. 
The little girl that has been with me through the best and worse of my life, is growing up.


Anyway, enough of the soppy, sentimental crap, before I start blubbering all over again! 

We are throwing her a party this year. She has missed out the last 2 years as we moved, then we had the non-sleeping-velcro-baby arrive in our lives. So this year is schnorbies party year. 

Rockstar themed. 
Think, awesome leather jackets and other gorgeous vinnies finds in a dress up box, glitter wigs, Dame Edna glasses, coloured hair spray, nail polish, glitter makeup.... and a photo booth! 

She is super excited, as are The Farmer and I. 
So excited that, once the kids went to bed last night, we thought we would have a little play ourselves. 

You know, to test that it was all ok..... ;)

As I was spraying The Farmers mohawk that I put in his hair bright pink, whilst wearing a sparkly glitter wig, awesome sunglasses, glitter lips.... I heard a noise.

There was Wommy, standing at the kitchen doorway, with this look of utter disgust on his face. 
A look that says.... 'That would be right, I KNEW it, all the cool stuff happens when we go to bed, and if you think I am ever sleeping again you are mistaken'.....

I felt like a child, and my 3 year old was the parent, who just caught me doing all this while I was really meant to be napping! 

So, if the amount of fun The Farmer and I had last night is anything to go on, then the kids on Sunday are going to LOVE it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts regarding my crazy thoughts.