Monday, October 25, 2010

The Story

I like to think that I am lucky. Whilst I have been through a lot in my almost 27 years of life, all of these things have shaped me to be the person that I am today. And I LOVE it.

My Mum got sick when I was a teenager, and it turned into a very long drawn out process of our entire world changing! Mum was sick for 5 years, eventually passing when she 39 years of age. This isn't something I like or enjoy talking about, maybe one day I will be strong enough and brave enough to share her story.
It is however, her story, that has made me think about MY story.

When mum passed, she had planned her funeral for us, which was somewhat nice, but made it so much harder, knowing that we were there to say goodbye to her, when she had planned this as a goodbye to us. My 2 sisters and I carried symbols of life to her casket, and layed them apon - another thing she had organised. I carried a small gum tree branch, as she always loved being outside, grew up on the river and brought her family up on the river banks. My younger sister carried a Willow tree branch, as our driveway, the house she had always dreamed of living in since she was a little girl and eventually got to own, was lined with the most gorgeous Weeping Willows I have ever seen. My babiest sister carried a family photo, with ALL of us in it - mum, dad, myself and the 2 girls, the 2 labradores, her pet cockatoo and her pet black pig!
It was a very memorable moment in my life, and a very touching one.

While I was thinking of her story, I realised, I want to share my Symbols of life NOW, I dont want it to be a representation of me when I'm gone, I want to share life as its happening!

And this is where I am going to do it.
My Symbols of Life, as I LIVE it.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful first post Laura. I look forward to reading more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post Laura :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts regarding my crazy thoughts.