Monday, October 25, 2010

Spring has Sprung

Whilst hanging out my washing today, I stopped for a moment, just long enough to take a deep breath, and I was overcome by a gorgeous scent coming from somewhere in my garden.
I took a walk around the house, and realised rather quickly, that spring was certainly apon us!

Just take a look at the Grape vine that grows around my verandah.

It was simply gorgeous. I grabbed my camera and started noticing so much more about my little world out here, in the middle of nowhere.

All the rain that we have had has done wonders for the garden, and the acres of plants that call it home. I must admit though, I'm don't have the greenest of thumbs, and the rain has caused some of it to look more like a jungle, and I have a little feeling that it will stay that way for a little while yet.
My whole yard is filled with an abundance of colour and such a wide array of scents! It truly is a gorgeous place to be at the moment. 




Look! My sweet peas are flowering!!!!

Oh and I mentioned Jungle before didn't I??
Yep, Thats my jungle! It is right underneath a gorgeous old rain water tank, so it gets lots of water!


I also found....... BABY CHICKENS!!!! Well, I heard them at least, I couldn't convince Barbara (the mummy hen) to move without possibly pecking me, so I left them for the minute... I also found mamma duck sitting on a nest of about 20 eggs!!!! And they are seriously the most gorgeous ducks in the world!

Are you convinced yet that the world really IS a gorgeous place??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts regarding my crazy thoughts.