Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Little Pleasures

I stayed up way too late last night! When we hit the pillows, for some reason we started talking about how we met, how we fell in love, how, while it didn't seem like it at the time, we were engaged at the blink of an eye (ummm 4 months!) and how we have always done things a bit different from the rest of the world but we wouldn't change a thing!

My dear husband packed his overnight bag and headed out the door early this morning. I am NOT a morning person! When I have to get up early, I enjoy that I did, and think I should do it everyday. Then every other day arrives, and the call of sleep is far too great.
So hubby partially wakes me with a kiss this morning, at not quite 6am. He must have been able to tell that I was in no way ready to get up. I heard something about 'I will call you and wake you up when I get to Trundle'.

This I must say IS the nicest way to start a morning. And he does it whenever he is away. Sometime between 6-7am, when he gets a spare 5mins, he calls home, the phone is generally answered with a mumble or a grunt, and then I eventually become concious and get woken with the sound of his voice telling me that he loves me and its a beautiful day!

He also knows, that when he is at home, not to bother waking me unless the kettle is on, as if I cant hear that noise, there is no chance of getting me out of bed!

While I am the first to admit, that I do have those 'I want, I need, We should go......' moments, and while I know that I am spoilt rotten by my darling family, it's these things I truly treasue.

These are the things that truly make me know that I am deeply loved. 

The things that I can keep safely in my heart, not my jewellery box.

These are just some of lifes Little Pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts regarding my crazy thoughts.